Through the years, I’ve compiled hundreds of photos. Some of them I’ve uploaded to my online photo album http://photos.edongskey.com . But many more of them are in my hard drive.
Some of these photos I’ve been lugging around for more than 5 years, transferring them from one computer to another when I move jobs or change computers.
I thought I’d put these photos into good use and publish them in a series. It’s going to be in the form of a guessing game.
Litratuwaan: a memory from my high school days
I just finished my week-long brainstorm of a catchy title for this photo game. After listing more than 50 keywords in English and Filipino, one title came out as outstanding.
“Litratuwaan” . A combination of “Litrato” or “photograph” and “katuwaan” or “fun times/fun things”. This is the title I will use for this weekly photo game that starts today.
This title is *not* original. I think it was coined by Mr. Baluyut, father of Jason of Pisay ’91. Mr. Baluyut and a few of our batchmates would come out with a series of printed photos posted along the corridors of our alma mater. It always had funny captions like in a comicstrip. But it was very special because they were photographs of our friends and batchmates. It was always a hit and I cherish the memories of those “Litratuwaan” posters.
For Technobiography, I borrow the title “Litratuwaan” for a series of weekly games.
The game will take a variety of forms.
- Guess where: a photo of a distinctive place and I’ll ask Litratuwaan players (you!) to guess where it is.
- Guess what: a photo of a distinctive thing and I’ll ask Litratuwaan players (you!) to guess what it is.
- Guess when: a photo of a distinctive time and I’ll ask Litratuwaan players to guess …. Naaah, I’m just kidding. :-)
- Complete the picture-story: I’ll cut the photo in half and ask you what you think the other half contains. (e.g. “what is this girl laughing at?”)
- Caption: Put a funny caption for the photo
I’m sure this series will evolve. We (Litratuwaan players and I) will come up with many other photo games.
How things will work
- I’ll post a Litratuwaan game every Friday morning. It will include a question or instruction.
- Litratuwaan players will give their response(s) through the comments section.
- I may insert clues in the days that follow.
- The final answer will be given in the following week along with that week’s Litratuwaan game.
Ready for our fist Litratuwaan game?
Tayo na’t mag-katuwaan. Tayo na’t mag-Litratuwaan!
ka-tuwang sa katuwaan ng Litratuwaan