I just came back from the AKO MISMO Dog Tag day. Got myself some dog tags. I got dog tags for my pamangkins too who are flying in from Australia next month.
My first pledge as soon as I got my Dog Tags: “AKO MISMO itatapon ang basura ko sa basurahan!”
I just noticed that for many people, they just littered the packaging of their AKO MISMO dog tags right there at the Dog Tag booth.
On the lighter side ;-) …
Booths in the concert area
There was a photo booth where folks can take their photos along-side a backdrop of life-size AKO MISMO endorsers Angel Aquino, Ely Buendia, Luis Manzano, Maxene Magalona et al.
There was a commitment wall for people to write in ink what they pledge to help the country.
One booth had PC’s setup for people to sign-up online for AKO MISMO.
And there were exhibitor booths where people can sign-up for volunteer work, know more about an organization, or buy Pinoy Pride merchandise.
AKO MISMO Videos
I interviewed three ladies from different organizations: PAGASA, Gawad Kalinga and Dynamic Teen Co.
Here are their videos (please excuse the background music from the concert).
PAGASA – Peoples Assembly fo rGenuine Alternatives to Social Apathy
- The Philippine Vision Cafe – a forum where the youth can come together and freely articulate among themselves a vision for the Philippines.
- Websites: www.pagasa.net.ph , http://philippinevisioncafe.multiply.com
- Mobile numbers: +639162486592, +639204169583
- Thank you Nix for the interview!
Gawad Kalinga – GK 1MB (isang milyong bayani!)
- Land for the Landless, Homes for the Homeless, Food for the Hungry
- GK 1MB (isang milyong bayani!) – We are sounding the call to recruit 1 million herouse to render at least 4 hours of community service a month in Gawd Kalinga communities all over the country.
- GK National office telephone: 02-7181738 to 41
- Fax: 02-726-7405
- Websites: www.gk1world.com , www.gawadkalinga.org
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks Myra for the interview!
Dynamic Teen Co
- Sa iyo magsisimula ang pagbabago. Kaya mo kung gusto mo. Halina sama-sama tayo! We are the CHANGE!
- Dynamic Teen Company (DTC) is a group of concerned young people with a mission of making a small yet significant difference in other people’s lives, particularly the small children in slum areas who have no access to education, basic hygiene and sometimes, even love from their families.
- Website: www.dynamicteencompany.org
- Efren in CNN 2009Heroes!
- Search: Efren Penaflorida in the news
- Contact: CLUB 8586 CENTER, 1177 J. Felipe Blvd., Caridad, Cavite City, Philippines 4100
- Tel No: +6346.431.8586
- Efren Penaflorida (DTC founder/adviser) 0917-5588586
- Salamat kay Angel sa interview