I’m taking a two-day Leadership Training course through my company.
It’s an excellent opportunity for me and my classmates. Learned a lot in day 1 and shall learn a lot more in day 2.
Our facilitator is Alex Castillo, an excellent trainer with many good stories to tell and a lot of insights to share.
One portion of our training yesterday featured a video by John Maxwell discussing the 5 levels of leadership:
- Position (Rights) – leadership based on position.
People follow you because they have to.
- Permission (Relationships) – leadership based on good relations.
People follow you because they like you.
- Production (Results) – leadership based on good results.
People follow you because of what you have done for the organization.
- People (Reproduction) – leadership based on loyalty.
People follow you because of what you have done for them.
- Personhood (Respect) – leadership based on …. respect. These leaders attract followers who are loyal and sacrificial. Derive great joy from watching people grow and develop.
There’s more where that came from. So I’m gearing up for day two of the training.
I checked my email today and was pleased to find that I’ll be able to access more of John Maxwell’s videos by virtue of my membership in the Maximum Impact Club! Yey! And I’ll be able to participate in teleconference calls as well.
Ah, we like!