This year, I became aware of One-ness.
One-ness is unity, not solitude. Pagkaka-isa, hindi pag-iisa.
One-ness is *not* the equivalence of opinion or equivalence of principle.
One-ness is finding a common connectedness or purpose.
One-ness is the awareness that we are one.
One-ness is the sharing of experience, energy or intent of many â€“ each becoming one with others, at least for that moment, for that purpose.
As I experienced One-ness ever so powerfully in October 2009, I began to realize that it is in One-ness that I have experienced many of my greatest joys and fulfillments.
Let me share some of my experiences with one-ness this year:
- One-ness of my work, my hobbies, my passions.
- Reconnecting with old friends, keeping warm the shared experiences and the continuing lessons about life.
- A country mourning the passing of a great leader – Corazon Aquino – and a country united by the remembrance of its greatness.
- The Philippines brought to its knees by a series of storms, and a country rising up to help one another â€“ Agape!
- A group of 50+ people aiming to achieve one singular goal one damp and cold evening in Baguio â€“ such One-ness in energy and intention is pure bliss!
- A country celebrating Filipino greatness, as showcased to the world through Manny Pacquiao, Efren Penaflorida, Charice Pempengco, Arnel Pineda and many more.
- Misunderstanding the silence of a deaf saleslady, and coming into one understanding through forgiveness.
- The messages of One-ness in â€œAvatarâ€, a movie you shouldnâ€™t miss if only for the lessons of our own humanity.
- Reconnecting with friends online e.g. Facebook, creating value through the awareness of what we have in common, how we build things together even though apart.
This Christmas and in the coming new year, may you and your family find the bliss of One-ness â€¦ One-ness with self, One-ness with loved ones, One-ness with a country that needs all our help, and One-ness with our good Godâ€™s plan and purpose for you!
Edwin â€œKa Edongâ€ Soriano