Update (July 26, 2012): If you wish to join the book swap, send an email to edwin.soriano @ gmail.com with Subject: “I am a Book Swap Seller” or “I am a Book Swap Buyer”.
To my dear personal friends,
I have this principle that if I hadn’t used something for more than 2 years, it’s best to pass it on to other people who could make good use of it.
While I was cleaning my house before the new year, I noticed that some of my books haven’t been re-read for more than 2 years.
Some of these books I bought at the bookstore or at the book sale. Some are books given to me that I’ve read many years ago. Some are books that I truly cherish and want to keep for future re-reading, but would like lend to other people who would want to borrow.
Books are meant to be read, not kept.
Thus, I present to you a few books to lend and a few books to sell. This is an experiment. When this is done, I’ll tell you what worked and what didn’t work. And I’ll encourage you to lend your books and sell your books as well :-) .
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The heart of a Leader by Ken Blanchard
- Staying Up, up, up in a down down world – Zig Ziglar – Love Joy
- Strengths Finder by Tom Rath — Tristan
- The Journeys of Socrates – Dan Millman
- Developing the Leader Within by John C. Maxwell
- Only The Real Matters by Francis Kong – Mimel
- The Heart of Humor – Raju Mandhyan
- Getting Things Done – David Allen
- Brillant NLP – Tristan
- Pera Mo Palaguin mo 1 – Francisco J. Colayco
- Pera Mo Palaguin mo 2 – Francisco J. Colayco
- Why we want you to be Rich – Donald Trump, Robert Kiyosaki (hardbound) – Cla
- Personal Development for Smart People – Steve Pavlina (hardbound) – JP
- The Celestine Prophecy – James Redfield (hardbound)
Each at 50 – 250 pesos or more
- The Wealthy Barber – Chilton
- Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino – Bob Ong
- The Project 50 – Tom Peters
- Iacocca, an Autobiography – Lee Iacocca
- The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom – Suze Orman – Cla
- 67 Success Stories — Entrepreneur Magazine Philippines – Lulu
- Eleven Minutes – Paolo Coellho – Gigi
- Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coellho – Gigi
- For One More Day – Mitch Albom – Mimel
- The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom – Mimel
- Riches in Foreclosures – Dinna Revilla
- How to be Really Really Happy – Bo Sanchez
- You Can Make your life beautiful by Bo Sanchez
- Grow Rich Pinoy! – Larry Gamboa
- Cashflow Quadrant – Robert Kiyosaki (ripped copy)
- Getting things done – Robert Allen
- The Project 50 – Tom Peters
Each at 5 pesos and Up
- 14,000 things to be happy about – Cla
- Man of Purpose
- God’s little instruction book for leaders
- 500 Ways to Change the World – Mimel
- Organize your Business Travel
- A life God Rewards – Wil Kenyon
- God’s Little Devotional Book
- What are you Afraid of? – Plonka
- Another Shot – Joe Kita
- 50 ways to a better life – Andrew Sercombe
- Stress Free Life – Sandeep Narayan
- Winning Ways – Dick Lyle
- Leadership is an Art – Max DePree
- The Moon by Whale Light
- A Penny Saved – Neal S. Godfrey
- How to Develop Self-confidence for Success – PC Ganesan
- Get a Financial Life – Beth Kobliner
- Use the News – Maria Bartiromo
- Internet Jobs for the Rest of Us – Deborah Gallant
- A Still Small Voice – Echo Bodine
- Youngblood 2.0 – Aruta De Vera
- Network your way to your next job – Lowstuter, Robertson
- Rizal is my President. 40 Leadership Tips from Jose Rizal – Almonte (with autographs from the cast of the stage play)
- Life is an Attitude – Dottie Billington
Take a look at the books below and see if anything interests you.
Click on the image to zoom in,
or visit the original post at http://www.edwinsoriano.com/books/books-to-lend-books-to-sell .
How it works:
- The books to Lend are only open to my personal friends. I will Lend you any 1 or 2 books for 2 months.
- In exchange, I will ask you to buy at least Three (3) of the books in the Sell Section.
I’ll give you a fourth book for free.
- Prices of books in the Sell Section are between P5 to P250 or more (negotiable).
Name your books and let’s find a win-win price. Madali ako kausap :-) .
- First come, first served. Leave a comment of the titles you want for yourself.
- *Pick-up only* in Makati area
Why am I doing this?
- I want to make space for newer books for me to read.
- I want to spread the wealth — Books were meant to be read, not kept.
Better that they be read by someone who’ll find them useful.
- I sell some of my books (as low as P5!) just to make sure that the people who will buy it really want to have it and not get it just because it’s free.
- If you are a personal friend, you gave me a book and you find it in the list above — fret not, my friend.
This is my way of sharing to others what you’ve shared to me in the past.
- I encourage you, my friends, to share your books as well. Books are meant to be read, not kept.
- List of books subject to change without prior notice.
Originally posted at: http://www.edwinsoriano.com/books/books-to-lend-books-to-sell
Incoming search terms:
- why were the colayco books pulled out in national bookstore (2)
- tom rath strengthfinder national bookstore (1)
- think and grow rich national bookstore (1)
- similar books to 14000 things to be happy about (1)
- Rizzel almonte (1)
- national bookstore philippines encounter with god by neal donald waltch (1)
- life is an attitude by dottie billington (1)
- how much is think rich pinoy book national bookstore (1)
- david allen francis kong (1)
- book swapping selling philippines (1)
- book swapping philippines (1)
- book lending philippines (1)
- 14000 things to be happy about philippines (1)
- 14000 things to be happy about on national bookstore philippines (1)
- 14000 things to be happy about book philippine price (1)